In this #WVD blog Robin Hobo (@robinhobo) will show you step-by-step how to create an image, deploy a #WindowsVirtualDesktop Host pool with it, and update it with a new image version afterwards, using the #Azure Shared Image Gallery.
A great benefit of the Azure Image Gallery is that you can deploy your image to different Regions within Azure at the same time. This makes a Windows Virtual Desktop deployment over more then one region even easier. In this blog I will deploy an image to two Regions to show you how that works.
This blog is divided into the following steps:
- Deploy a Virtual Machine for creating and customizing the image
- Make a disk Snapshot
- Creating a Virtual Machine Capture
- Create a Shared Image Gallery
- Add an image to the Shared Image Gallery
- Deploy a Windows Virtual Desktop Host pool with the custom image
- Update the custom image (create Disk, new VM, Snapshot and VM Capture)
- Add a version to the image in the Shared Image Gallery
- Update the Windows Virtual Desktop Host pool with the new image